Developed by CHAR Technologies, SulfaCHAR™ is a cost-effective, convenient, zero-waste targeted gas cleaning solution for the growing three billion dollar global problem caused by toxic and corrosive hydrogen sulfide in the renewable natural gas industry. SulfaCHAR™ filters hydrogen sulfide out of renewable natural gas, allowing users to drastically reduce their maintenance costs.
- SulfaCHAR™ is the most cost-effective H2S removal product based on cost per kilogram of H2S removed, providing over 50% savings compared to similar systems
- The simplicity of the system requires little capital infrastructure and low operator attendance, making it an accessible option for facilities of any scale.
- SulfaCHAR™’s high sulfur capacity, compared to similar systems, means that the material lasts longer and requires less change outs
- SulfaCHAR™ is non-toxic and doesn’t solidify into large pieces making it easier to change-out
- Minimal monitoring required.
- SulfaCHAR™ is made from organic waste material, such as anaerobic digestate
- SulfaCHAR™ converts hydrogen sulfide into beneficial forms of sulfur, allowing spent SulfaCHAR™ to be reused as a sulfur rich biochar fertilizer.